Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Average monthly cost to start and maintain
10-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Average monthly cost to start and maintain
Hello! I'm new to GPT, but I've wanted to start a GPT/PTC site for a few years.

Would any of you please give me either a rough breakdown of monthly costs in the startup phase and once established phase, or a very detailed breakdown of one or both scenarios? Big Grin I'm trying to create a rough business plan that I'll be following after I purchase ClixScript. I'm particularly interested in the expenses and fees that aren't immediately obvious. Below is a cost breakdown of the services and products I've factored into my first month. Please feel free to add to my list, and also add any tips or resources you think a new person would benefit from. I know I'm asking a lot, and I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my question!

10.87 (domain)
49.99 (3 month script license)
12.00 / 1500 sign ups (proxstop)
6.99 / month hosting (snoork, as recommended by admin)

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Average monthly cost to start and maintain
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
10-24-2015, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 09:38 AM by Warz.)
I can't give you any exact numbers here, but promotion of your site and ads is something to consider. In order to bootstrap your site you'll probably need to place some ads yourself and pay whatever the cost of those ads are (since members won't sign up to a site without ads and advertisers won't buy ads on a site without members).

If you have a goal of 1500 members to start with, and say you place 3x0.01 ads that means you'll have to pay 1500*0.03 = $45 / day to your members until you are able to replace your own ads with advertisers. Depending on what you promote you may be able to recover some of those funds.

And before you have any members you may want to do some promotion as well of your site, perhaps by purchasing advertising on other popular gpt/ptc sites.

I do NOT reply to PMs, submit a ticket instead.
10-26-2015, 12:01 PM
(10-24-2015 09:35 AM)Warz Wrote:  I can't give you any exact numbers here, but promotion of your site and ads is something to consider. In order to bootstrap your site you'll probably need to place some ads yourself and pay whatever the cost of those ads are (since members won't sign up to a site without ads and advertisers won't buy ads on a site without members).

If you have a goal of 1500 members to start with, and say you place 3x0.01 ads that means you'll have to pay 1500*0.03 = $45 / day to your members until you are able to replace your own ads with advertisers. Depending on what you promote you may be able to recover some of those funds.

And before you have any members you may want to do some promotion as well of your site, perhaps by purchasing advertising on other popular gpt/ptc sites.

Thanks Warz! Do most GPTC sites focus on PTC rather than GPT? I was trying to focus mostly on GPT with incent ad networks like AdWork Media. I figure I can always offset with some PTC through fiverr, or another forum and the like, but I definitely don't have anything for people to click on, nor do I want to spend the money. Any ideas on how to offset costs of PTC at first? Thanks for your reply!